Kathy's Birdie BreadPosted by: Kathy Pearson - email@example.com February 2, 1997
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup each whole wheat flour and rye flour
- 1/4 cup each Cream of Rice cereal, Malt-O-Meal, grits, and rolled oats
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 jars baby food - squash, sweet potatoes & applesauce
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli stems & crowns
- 2 eggs with shells
- 1 cup puffed brown rice cereal
- water as necessary
Put carrot & broccoli in food processor for 30 seconds. Eggs & shells should also be processed in the food processor until shells are ground. Mix all ingredients and add water to make mixture spreading consistency. Spread in greased 10x13 pan, and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
I created this recipe by combining ingredients from some of the other birdie bread recipes out there and adding some of my own. My birds love it! Ingredients can easily be substituted with similar ingredients that you have on hand.
- Parent's Resource Center
Copyright © 1997-2003 [PRC]. All rights reserved.
Revised: November 14, 2006