KATHY'S EASY BIRD BREAD RECIPE
This recipe produces a heavy, dense bread that doesn't easily fall apart,
making it easier to store and freeze.
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick, Jiffy, Aunt Martha, etc.)
- 2 cups white or yellow corn meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 6-ounce jars of pureed fruit or vegetable baby food, any combination
- Any additions you choose to include (cheese, chopped fruit or vegetables, nuts, peanut butter, etc.)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heavily grease one 9"x13" cake pan.
Mix all dry ingredients together well in large bowl.
Add eggs and baby food. Stir until all ingredients are evenly moist.
Batter will be very thick and heavy. Pour batter into cake pan.
Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
Cool completely, cut into small cubes.
Reserve enough for 2-3 days, and freeze the rest. Thaw as needed.
- Parent's Resource Center
Copyright © 1997-2003 [PRC]. All rights reserved.
Revised: November 14, 2006