WELCOME TO AN ADULT ADD QUIZ
The following questions are based on the clinical experience of Drs. Edward M. Hallowell and Dr. John J. Ratey.
20 questions: A person with a chronic disturbance would answer
'yes' to at least fifteen of the following questions:
- Do you have a sense of underachievement, of not meeting your
goals, regardless of how much you have actually accomplished?
- Do you have difficulty getting organized?
- Are you a chronic procrastinator?
- Do you often juggle many projects simultaneously, but balk at
- Do you have a tendency to say what comes to mind without necessarily considering the timing or appropriateness of the remark?
- Do you find yourself in an ongoing, restive search for high
- Do you have a tendency to be easily bored?
- Are you easily distractible, with trouble focusing attention and a tendency to tune out or drift away in the middle of a page or a conversation - often coupled with an ability to
- Are you considered creative, intuitive, or highly intelligent?
- Do you have trouble going through established channels or following proper procedure?
- Are you impatient, with a low tolerance for frustration?
- Are you impulsive, either verbally or in action - as in
impulsively spending money, changing plans, enacting new
schemes, or altering career plans?
- Do you have a tendency to worry needlessly, alternating with
inattention to or disregard for actual dangers?
- Do you have a sense of impending doom, insecurity, alter-
nating with high risk taking?
- Do you experience mood swings or depression, especially
when disengaged from a person or a project?
- Are you frequently restless, with lots of "nervous energy"?
- Do you have a tendency toward addictive behavior, be it
alcohol, caffeine, shopping, eating, or overwork?
- Do you have a chronic problem with self-esteem?
- Are you inaccurate at self-observation, often misjudging
the impact you have on others?
- Do you have a family history of ADD, manic-depressive
illness, depression, substance abuse, or other disorders of
You answered yes to out of 20 questions.
Parent's Resource Center
Copyright © 1997-2003[PRC]. All rights reserved.
Revised: November 14, 2006