1. Have child lie down in a funny position on the cardboard and then
outline the shape of the child using a pencil or a marker.
2. ADULTS ONLY: Using the exacto blade or carpet knife cut
out the shape of the child.
3. Using the white outdoor sealant/primer, spray both the front and
the back of the scarecrow as well as the stake for the finished
scarecrow, two times - allowing it to dry thoroughly between
applications. (Follow instructions on the sealant)
4. After the cardboard is completely dry, have your child decorate
the body and face of the scarecrow. Remember to be as creative as
possible and to have lots of fun!!! Tie Mylar balloons and ribbon to
the scarecrow after it's ready to go into the garden.
5. Allow to dry completely.
6. ADULTS ONLY: Position the decorated scarecrow on the stake
and using the Staple Gun - staple the scarecrow to the stake at the
top, middle and bottom of the cardboard piece.
7. After securing the scarecrow to the stake, place in the garden.